Saturday, January 3, 2009

One of the greatest cooking tricks of all time!

Om'gosh! OK so, John and I are in the store buying stuff to make homemade chili. We're at the check out and the cashier says "I love you people! You put the onions into a bag instead of having onion skins getting all over my check out counter." Then she says, "Want to know how to get the onion smell out of your hands after you cut them?" We're like "Oh, heck yeah!" since we use onion in almost everything we cook. So she says, "After you cut the onions up, rub your hands onto any kind of stainless steel such as your kitchen sink." We were like "OK, Cool we'll try that." So we got home and cut up the onions and it so worked! No more scrubbing my hands for days trying to get the onion scent out! Thank you random check out girl, we're forever in your debt!

So, Here's a few tricks that I know about now:

1. onion scent on hands listed above.

2. slowly dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar on the back of your tongue to get rid of hiccoughs.

3. look at any kind of bright light (preferabley NOT the sun ><) if you need to sneeze, it'll get those stubborn sneezes out.


Just thought I'd share those hints with ya'll. If you know any more hints or tricks please, by all means share them! =)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I will definitely have to try that. All of a sudden Scott loves sauteed onions...