Monday, December 15, 2008

End of my first term...

Well, it's the end of the 1st term for me at Kaplan University. I can't believe how quick the last 10 weeks have flown by! I just got my grade for my final project which was a 10 page APA style essay about a chief investigator that I interviewed. I'm proud to say that I received an A on the essay and I have a 4.0 G.P.A. Since my GPA is so high, I qualified for a scholarship that is 25% off my total tuition as long as it stays above 3.0+. The only draw back is that I'll need to take 3 classes per week instead of the standard 2 classes but I'm actually looking forward to the extra class. Next term I start CJ210: Criminal Investigation, CM103: College Comp I-Effective Writing I for C J Majors, and IT133: Software Applications. I'm really proud of myself and feeling really awesome about finishing my education. =)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

congratulations to you!! Pretty impressive with a 4.0 GPA. I'm sure the scholarship helps too...ONe more year and Alex is out of school unless he decides to keep going for his MD or PA etc. Decisions.. Decisions.. I'll just stay a being a probation officer I get plenty of excitement there. We get to do investigations and arrests and all sorts of fun stuff. I spent the entire day in court today and I get to do it again tomorrow. Bad thing about tomorrow is I have to testify which isn't a whole lot of fun.. I still get nervous being on the stand even after three years..

Brandy said...

Oh no doubt! I'm sure that being 'under the microscope' like that is intimidating to say the least. I'm hoping to work in the crime lab, that's the goal anyways if not I'd like to maybe become a cold case detective. The only problem is that I don't think I could pass the physical tests to become an officer to work up to decective. I can't run a mile! It would take me a week! LOL Seriously though, if the lab isn't in the stars then I'll probably start working towards cyber crime. I'm really excited though! =)

Wendy said...

DOJ is a great place to start..